IMCHF Ontario unit is focusing on Community Development in health through self-sufficiency of the community. Maternal and Child Health is a high priority area. Community health, public health and social well being.
The members of IMCHF are working along with community volunteers who are organized in Community Based Organizations. All activities in the community are planned in co-ordination with the Community based Organization and implemented in the community through them, Hence, the community becomes Self-sufficient and the community development work is sustainable.
IMCHF believes in providing community development working together with grass-root workers. This includes provision of Primacy Health Care as well as imparting awareness to the population through improvement of literacy status of children and women.
Health of Pregnant mother and Newborn is our primary focus followed by other health issues identified by the target communities.
- Prenatal checkups prevent complications of pregnancy and reduce Maternal Morbidity and Mortality.
- To educate mother about importance of Breast Feeding.
- Family planning.
- Mental wellbeing of the pregnant women.
- Pregnant mother have lots of stress during pregnancy-How to prevent/reduce it: Strategies and resources.
- Autism, ADHD in children.
- To provide safe and quality education (formal and non-formal)
- To facilitate stable lives to mothers and children
- To deliver special education at no cost to children according to their individualized needs
- Individual evaluation and Individualize Education Program (IEP)
Personal guidance and close relationship with needy families
Seniors Helping Seniors Program
Integration of seniors as care giver for pregnant women and children
PROGRAM & SERVICES:
- Health Education: Maternal Health, Neonatal and Child health, Seniors Health
- OHIP coverage information
- Community Eye Care
- Community Dental Care
- Extended Health Insurance
- Trillium Plan for Low Income families
- Settlement assistance to immigrants from Health Sector (International Medical Graduates-foreign trained doctors, nurses, health technicians, lady health visitors, midwives etc)
- Support and Study Groups for health professionals
- MCCEE, MCCQE, ARDMS, CARDUP Examination preparation and Licensing guidance
- General Health Promotion including physical & mental health education and awareness
- Preventive Programs ( breast feeding, immunization, diabetes, arthritis, falls, cholesterol and healthy heart, nutrition & food guide
- reproductive health, seniors health programs and services
- Group and individual counseling in culturally sensitive manner
- Programs in different languages
- Maternal health, child development, children and women’s empowerment and education
- Workshops on important health topics for community in several languages and culturally sensitive manner
- Advocacy for immigrant health care professionals
- Support groups and guidance of health care professionals in clinical and non clinical fields
- Career guidance and exam preparation help
- Networking with other community agencies & community health centers
Seniors Helping Seniors in-home services where we match seniors who need help with seniors who want to help in the neighborhoods. It's a unique relationship built between two people who understand the ups and downs of life. We work with community to find a senior who can help meet personal needs, schedule, personality, cultural and faith sensitivity etc.,
Health Education Seminars at Ontario office and Peel Region Community Organizations:
Mental Health: Awareness, Facilities and Services
Immunization: Parents Guide
Food and Nutrition: Mothers, Infants and Children
Breast Feeding: Benefits to Mother and Blessings to Child
Prevention of falls and Accidents: Toddlers, seniors, Youth.
Autism Spectrum Disorders: Parents, Child-minders, Early Childhood educators: Beware of early signs and services available.